Monday, November 2, 2009

PRSNL PLTS

I saw a license plate yesterday that read " TCH R KIDS". I stared at it for a minute before continuing on my way.

I shook my head. Touch Our Kids? What a stupid thing to say!

It took a minute for it to sink in: Teach Our Kids...Oh...I get it now.

I think if there is going to be any abiguity about your choice of personal plates, you should re-think the whole thing. Aren't there enough ways to let people know how you feel without having them decipher (incorrectly) your license plate? Hello, bumper stickers? Tee shirts? Buttons?

On another note, I was reading an editorial in the local paper on Halloween written by an obviously bitter and angry man ( on a side note, I hope the kids in his neighborhood saw it too and egged his house but good! ).

Anyway, the guy goes to say that we shouldn't allow kids to go door to door begging for candy, teaching them that you can get something for nothing in this day and age, economy, blah, blah, blah...

What do you call a Halloween Scrooge?

There was another editorial that suggested that instead of the devil worshipping ritual of dressing up and eating candy that kids only be allowed to dress as biblical figures and attend parties dressed that way. Sounds like an ass kicking waiting to happen.

Here's my interpretation of what Halloween means: People have been scared of death since they first realized that it was going to happen to them. Halloween is a way to overcome that. To look death in the face and laugh, if just for one day a year. "See?" you tell yourself, "It's fake! It's not scary at all"

Happy November!

2 comments:

  1. Dios de los muertos!!
    Good to see you writing again!
    Our kids got a pamphlet from one house asking them to accept the Lord as their savior.

    While I respect your inherent American right to free speech, I also respect my right to go back and visit that house later that night.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine intervention instead of candy??? What's next??? Spinach in their Christmas stockings???

    ReplyDelete